Edit:China Manufacturing View times Time:6/24/2021 6:15:51 PM Print
Wire cutting is the use of moving metal wire ( molybdenum wire, copper wire or alloy wire ) as the electrode wire, and the pulse electric spark discharge between the electrode wire and the workpiece generates high temperature to melt or vaporize the metal to form a slit, thereby cutting the parts The processing method.
Main features of wire cutting :
Compared with traditional turning, milling and drilling processing methods, wire cutting has its own characteristics: [
( 1 ) Directly use 0.03-0.35 mm metal wires as electrodes, no specific shape is required, which can save electrode design and manufacturing costs;
( 2 ) Regardless of the hardness of the workpiece material, as long as it is a conductor or semiconductor material, it can be processed, and the electrode wire loss is small, and the processing accuracy is high;
( 3 ) It is suitable for the processing of small batches, complex shapes, single pieces and trial products, and the processing cycle is short;
( 4 ) In WEDM machining , the wire electrode and the workpiece are not in direct contact, and the effect between the two is very small, so the deformation of the workpiece is small, and the wire electrode and fixture do not need too high strength;
( 5 ) The working fluid adopts water-based emulsion, which has low cost and will not cause fire;
( 6 ) It is not suitable for processing large-scale parts with simple shapes, nor can it process non-conductive parts.
Main applications of wire cutting :
- Processing molds;
- Machining parts with fine structure;
- Machining parts with complex shapes;
- Processing hard conductive materials;
- Trial production of new products;
- Precious metal blanking.
WEDM ( Wire Electrical Discharge Machining Cut referred WEDM ), belong to the category electrical processing, the basic physical principle consisting of positive ions and electrons is accumulated in the field, and soon form a conductive ionized channel.
CNC wire cutting machine is composed of three parts: mechanical, electrical and working fluid system
Prepare workpiece blanks, clamping tools, measuring tools, etc. before processing. If it is necessary to cut a workpiece with an inner cavity shape, or the process requires processing with a threaded hole, the blank should be pre-made with a threaded hole, and then follow the steps below:
(1) Start the machine tool power supply to enter the system and prepare the processing program;
(2) Check whether there are any abnormalities in each part of the machine tool, such as the operation of high frequency, water pump, wire tube, etc.;
(3) Wire threading, threading, and vertical alignment;
(4) Clamping the workpiece and aligning;
(5) For the wire, establish the starting position of cutting;
(6) Start the wire feed, turn on the working fluid pump, and adjust the nozzle flow rate;
(7) Adjust processing parameters;
(8) Run the processing program to start processing;
(9) Monitor the processing process, such as wire feeding, electric discharge, working fluid circulation, etc. whether it is normal;
(10) Check whether the parts meet the requirements. If there are errors, they should be dealt with in time to avoid scrapping of processed parts